tirsdag den 22. januar 2008

What about the future?

Let me say that I do not know what the future will bring, but I sure hope that we will all start caring more about eachother and try to learn what is really good for us. What we need to have and what is nice to have.

Changing the focus of the world today from consumerism to a more (and now using a word that might scare some people...) spiritually wealthy world.
Do we need a life pictured in the music videos, magazines and commercials or is it possible to live a life without all those materialistic goods and still be happy and have good friends?

Is it possible to be succesfull without being the richest and the most beautifull and having the latest gadgets and brands?

Will it be possible that the world in general will change from the way we think and teach our kids to think today, -assume and judgeing, to a world where we live in (once again a dangoures word) harmoni and focusing on communicating our needs and on getting ours and others needs met?

I think that it might be possible and that we are starting to see some signs that could lead to some what this world.

You and me are starting to share.

Share experiences, thoughts, oppinions and other things.

This is a whole world that I would like to discover some more, therefor I have decided to join the user generated conference called BarCamp

BarCamp is an open, paticipatory workshop-event, whose content is provided by participants. If you would like to learn more about what BarCamp is and its origins, please feel free to read or write on the wiki.

BarCampCopenhagen is initiated by Henriette Weber Andersen and Thomas Kristiansen.

This could seem to be far from what I was starting the blogpost with, a wish that you and me could be better at adding value to the more spiritual things then the materialistic goods. But as I wrote, at BarCamp participants share their knowledge and to not focus on them holding the cards to them selfe, in a desperate fight to be the best or the wisest. Here we share and work together.

I am looking forward to participate and hope that we will be able sometime to arrange a specific Camp on a topic like "GoodBuy Comsumerism?".

I will recogment that you check out Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies and especially follow Thomas Geuken and Gitte Larsen, the authers of the book "All Dressed Up - But Nowhere To Go!"

1 kommentar:

Anonym sagde ...

I am talking about "enjoy the chaos" which is community marketing based on the silent revolution. I am also looking into "consumerism that killed itself" etc. etc - it's gonna be massive fun - and more art than a talk =)